The jury panel for the 2018 Art on the Atlanta BeltLine exhibition has been announced. According to organizers, the aim was to create “diverse and equitable panels of the most qualified individuals.”
The new year represents a big change for the Art on the Atlanta BeltLine program as it welcomes a new director, Miranda Kyle, who promises a different level of engagement with artists and the Atlanta community for 2018.
The official jury list is below:
- T. Lang – Artistic Director of T. Lang Dance and Associate Professor/Founding chair of Spelman College Department of Dance Performance and Choreography
- Denise McClendon – Founder McClendon School of Dance AREA Atlanta/Artistic Director McClendon Academy
- Elizabeth Jarrett – Founder and Executive Director, Deer Bear Wolf
- Morgan Carlisle – Independent Choreographer and Cofounder of LEFT OUT Movement
- TAYLOR ALXNDR – Head Organizer at Southern Fried Queer Pride
- Dr. John Edgar Browning – Visiting Lecturer, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Tyree Smith – Founder/Head Curator of ARTlanta Gallery
- Alan Avery – President, Alan Avery Art Company
- Brandon Jones – Head of Creative Placemaking at WonderRoot
- Steven L. Anderson – Artist and Cofounder, Day & Night Projects
- Karen Comer Lowe – Manager and Curator, Chastain Arts Center
- Tracy Murrell – Curator, National Black Arts Festival
Jurors will convene to review submissions for exhibition, due March 16, 2018. Artists are still invited to submit proposals. More information about the exhibition and submission process is available at art.beltline.org.